New in Sweden

You who are a newly arrived refugee or immigrant must receive support as quickly as possible in learning Swedish, getting started with work and managing your livelihood. Here, if you are new to Sweden, you can read about where to turn in different situations.

Moving to Sweden

If you move to Sweden from abroad and intend to stay for a year or longer, you will generally need to be listed in the Swedish Population Register. This means you will be registered as a resident of Sweden.

Working in Sweden

To work in Sweden, you need a work permit. Learn more about how to apply for a work permit or a residence permit if you are self-employed or a researcher.